Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Gold limit - Give us your opinion!

Sphithix| Sphithix 1/7/2018 01:06:11
Show all posts
I think the gold limit is dumb. I need to get my arcana page filled up with tier three's because I'm getting put into games with people who have advanced farther than I have yet. The gold limit is not allowing me to do so. Also I redeemed one of my double gold tickets today for the express purpose of trying to do so. So my double gold ticket seems worthless since I can only earn a fixed amount of gold a day. You can't use gold to buy vouchers from what I've seen, so it doesn't even seem like its an ab-usable feature whatsoever. It seems like a redundant and poor decision to cap the gold.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

zazzer| zazzer 1/8/2018 18:38:40
Show all posts
We'll have more news about the gold cap to share shortly. There are some planned changes for the next update.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

DeepInAugust| DeepInAugust 1/9/2018 13:01:05
Show all posts
Looks at patch notes.

So now players get anywhere between 33% and 133% less gold a week.

Awesome...
Reply 0 0

Use magic

fuqueue| fuqueue 1/9/2018 23:20:52
Show all posts
Let me be the voice of reason.   

I understand why their is a gold cap. You do not want players to max the game in a short amount of time and then quit playing. You want to have them remain invested in your game. However this is a poor choice. Having a gold limit gives players more of a reason to play another game. (I am a marketing consultant as profession) you want to have their time and not cap the gold. This is how you keep players invested into your game. A gold cap lets them leave your game after they cap and go to another game... Maybe they forget your game even exists after awhile because this other game does not have caps and they get immersed into that game rather than yours. Because you have a set gold cap.

Lets look at it this way.  Player1 is a kid and plays your game 15 hours a week.  While player2 is  retired and plays your game 40+  hours a week. Player2 is NOT going to have more gold than player1.  Player2 Loves your game and has spent money in your game. He starts to feel under appreciated feeling like you have the gold cap only so he will spend money. Which is bad; As smart marketing suggests you want them to think they want to spend money not force them to spend money.  (example:  LoL lost 22% of players when they switched over from IP to blue essence.   

If the gold cap is 2k a day. Players receive enough gold to buy one Teir 3 rune a day. That will take them an entire month to cap their aura page. In the age of information people want things now, now, now! So say the gold cap is there so Player1 is not at a disadvantage from player2,  Player2 is likely to quit before player1 because he wants to grind out the game so he can be (to quote pokemon) "The very best like no one ever was"  while player1 is simply just playing and probably not spending his money on your game.

[IDEA]

With everything you do you should add value. I implore you to add an economy drain!  This will solve your gold problem as it will help get players to spend their gold elsewhere.

example: Player1 has the chance to get unlimited gold. He earns 4k gold a day. For 1k Gold he can spin a wheel (almost like the lucky draw)   where he can get  1, 5, 10 vouchers  with a math.rand function.   

With those vouchers add smaller priced voucher items.  (like new voice packs - where people can buy addition lines for their quick chat function in game)  Keep them spending more from saving up to 499 to buying a champ.

[summary]

Keeping them immersed in your game longer increases the odds of them spending money in your game. Adding an economy drain for two of your three in game currencies keeps players immersed in game play.  

There is no need for a coin cap if you build an Eco Drain   *posts black guy pointing to temple meme here*

Que
Reply 0 0

Use magic

Kikai| Kikai 1/11/2018 17:30:42 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
Whenever I hit the gold cap I don't see any reason to continue playing. A mouse won't run a maze if theres no cheese.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

ORIONSTARR| ORIONSTARR 3/9/2018 12:54:59
Show all posts
You guys are doing a great job. You guys have too make money too...

Anyways, the people here are too selfish and to not think about the position you guys are in. You have a great looking game too on top of the free heroes, gems, gold, runes, etc. that you guys give free.

Too many people with no life will just spam the game all day night and that will be your downfall as so many have long in other games. If you guys implement removal of gold limit, when you guys need it the most, the people will just think of it as nothing as money laundering in your part or something.

Do not give in to the selfish people and keep up with the great work!
Reply 0 0

Use magic

timkrishna| timkrishna 3/9/2018 17:01:51
Show all posts
This gold limit is stupid. i just used a 2x gold for 3 days i got as reward from login. i went to play my first game and it says i've maxed out on gold for the week. so the damn buff got wasted bc i didn't know there was a gold cap.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

From_Hell| From_Hell 3/14/2018 12:28:46
Show all posts
Hi, I generally like Arena of Valor and would prefer no gold cap.

Extra devotion to Arena of Valor seems misplaced with the gold cap (as mentioned by many others) and while it might prompt some people to spend money to unlock things, it initially made me adverse to Arena of Valor. If I had not had a few friends also playing this game, I would have likely quit and returned to the old moba which I played that had no gold cap (and I spent a good bit of money in that game).

I think if the gold cap is removed but the amount of gold earned is reduced that game would still be balanced. This would also allow for greater variation of hero prices in shop. Without a gold cap, players will likely be less frugal with their gold and stretch their “economic limits” more so. I know my friends and I generally simply save up our gold and don’t buy new characters unless they a) are the same class of characters as we play and b) are generally cool/op.

This also limits my interest in arcana. It took me about a week to max out my arcana and now that I have, I feel as if I am stuck playing one class of characters. The second arcana page is useful....but still only raises the number of different classes of characters a player can play comfortably to two... I think if players could spend gold (even if it were 50,000 gold) to unlock another arcana page or two they would consider it and venture to play a larger variety of characters and as a result spend more money to unlock more characters more quickly. Yes with no gold cap a player could devote days of their life to unlocking every character, but in the grand scheme of things I think few players would completely avoid spending money in the game. With more options of stuff to spend gold on, players will feel tempted to spend money to save time that they would rather spend enjoying the game rather than “unlocking” the game. The lack of a gold limit would also allow for newer players (such as myself) to immerse ourselves without slamming into a brick wall and get a taste of the joy of buying a new character or unlocking a new arcana page.

Allowing for players to spend gold on the lottery mechanic in the game would also be a more reasonable possibility without a gold cap since players will feel like it’s “no biggie” to give their luck a shot. In game “gambling” tends to be more effective when “lower forms” of currency can be spent on it.

As of present, I feel limited to mages (as those are what the arcana I bought are centered for) and have little to no motivation to spend money in the game since there are only so many characters in each class (I am not asking for more characters so much as new heights).

With more gold and stuff available to be unlocked via gold, new “heights” can be attained be veteran/devoted players and greater competition can ensue. Newer players would feel inclined to spend money/time to catch up.
Monopolizing on the no gold cap with ads would also be profitable.

Lack there of a gold cap and possibility of more arcana pages would make hero(s) [I assume there will be more] like zephys more tangible to buy since people can have an arcana page for their class (in his case warrior/assassin arcana page).

I hope this was helpful and I apologize if I was too wordy.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

rinalestari| rinalestari 4/16/2018 23:42:59
Show all posts
thank you infonya very useful

Manfaat Buah
Reply 0 0

Use magic

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

www.arenaofvalor.com

TERMS OF SERVICE | PRIVACY STATEMENT

© 2016 PROXIMA BETA PTE LIMITED. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list