Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Gold limit - Give us your opinion!

Vex| Vex 1/4/2017 06:27:26 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
Gold limit should be removed because like everyone mentioned it makes the players stop after 5-6 games. In other mobas I felt like oh wow this hero is so cool I will play 24/7 just to get it.But here its like oh I played 6 games got daily cap time to go do something else. Not to mention that x2 gold cards are beyond useless like why would I even eant to buy/use them. To shorten my RoV play time from 2h/day for 6 wins to 1h/day? It just kills the fun,if you read the reviews for the game a lot of people mention how annoying the gold cap is and how some of them just quit because of it.From the uselessness of gold cards appears the uselessness of the gems but thats another topic I dont want to get in to here.Anyway I think this subject deserves more attention and should be brought up on the Facebook page as well unless you already made a decision
Reply 0 0

Use magic

Vex| Vex 1/4/2017 07:45:09 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
Vex replied at 1/4/2017 14:27
Gold limit should be removed because like everyone mentioned it makes the players stop after 5-6 gam ...

The only problem I see with removing the gold cap is that it might or for sure will hurt your economy and income from the game quite a bit but you know better about managing those
Reply 0 0

Use magic

TriZor| TriZor 1/4/2017 07:47:15
Show all posts
Vex replied at 1/4/2017 14:27
Gold limit should be removed because like everyone mentioned it makes the players stop after 5-6 gam ...

Hmmm yes, you are right about that, I never really even noticed the cap because I never was in need for gold since I just simply bought all the heroes I wanted with vouchers.
But now that I have read your point of view I also want the gold cap to be removed.
I can remember when I started and saw Aleister being the most expensive hero, I immediately thought that he was „the best“/most valuable one, now we got Nakroth who’s again even more expensive then the rest.
Maybe it's just to make players buy the heroes with real money instead since you save lots of time + can invest your gold in arcana instead heroes.
So maybe it's a little pay-to-win strategy to gain some $. Or it's there to prevent people getting most heroes with gold too early in the game since it's still in beta idk. But the cap has to be removed, would also make the game automaticaly more beginner-friendly.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

Nr.Alpha| Nr.Alpha 1/4/2017 08:46:32
Show all posts
Edited by Nr.Alpha at 1/4/2017 17:36

Guys please focus on GOLD LIMIT!

Hi, I am Alpha, to be honest the GOLD CAP is annoying, because it keeps me to play only 6 games, then I don't wanna play RoV after all. Reason would be as followed:

1. Because of my high win-rate, i can not find any games, even i waited for 30 mins.
2. After the cap is full, what else should i do with it? If I am lv 30?
3. With the Gold CAP, its extremely hard to buy arcana, why? because you need 60000 gold to finish one ad set, and once you wanna play a ap hero, then you need to gain again 60000 gold, and each for each set you need around 66 days to gain enough gold. It does not make any sense!

Reply 0 0

Use magic

Nr.Alpha| Nr.Alpha 1/4/2017 08:49:26
Show all posts
Edited by Nr.Alpha at 1/4/2017 16:53

BTW Vex talks tooooooo much lol, whose agree with me? ehhhhh~
Reply 0 0

Use magic

Nr.Alpha| Nr.Alpha 1/4/2017 08:57:15
Show all posts
Conflixx replied at 1/4/2017 13:32
TriZor is right about the in lobby messages limited to 15 characters. I don't know why it's added, i ...

Dude you are wrong, because if you need to buy a full set of arcana, that gonna needs your around 64days instead of yours 15 days lol lol.
60000Gold/940per day=63.8 days
Reply 0 0

Use magic

HaneBair| HaneBair 1/4/2017 10:52:41
Show all posts
Hi Jonas,

Thanks for launching this discussion. Like many others, I too think that the gold limit is extremely demoralizing. I often play more than 6 rounds during a sitting, if possible and it would be nice to be rewarded for it.
When I started out playing the game I spent a lot of gold on   defensive arcana's, because there were no people in lower tier that played tanks and I couldn't progress into the ranks. Once I got in the higher ranks I found that there are too many players playing tank and very few good carries. I would have wanted to make the switch from tank to carry but that is nearly impossible with the amount of gold I need to switch and the amount of gold I gain per day. Now I feel forced to play normal games until I collect the arcana's that I would need to have that edge on the oponents carry.
The gold limit, limits me how often I play the game. Since I've invested money into this game I would very much like to avoid creating a new account and start from scratch by investing into a specific carry champion arcana.
Also, in ranked play it is very important to be able to switch Champions according to team formation. Often I find that the team formation forces me to play Champions in which I did not invest arcana's for. For example: I main tank, but 2 tanks already locked, In that occasion I have to play either an archer or a mage, for which I have 0 arcana's.
Removing the gold limit will allow players to be more versatile and pick champions accordingly. Right now we are shackeled to play a single champion(or a select few, like mage champs) untill a few months later, once we finaly get the gold to buy arcana's for other champions.
Please remove the gold cap and reward players with a decent amount after a the first 6 games, or at least give us the ability to buy arcana with real money.
Futhermore, there are a many of good points made by other players against the motion of keeping the gold limit, and  you seem to have noticed them.

I'm looking forward to seeing some changes.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

Conflixx| Conflixx 1/4/2017 11:42:53
Show all posts
TriZor replied at 1/4/2017 15:47
Hmmm yes, you are right about that, I never really even noticed the cap because I never was in need ...

It's impossible to farm up gold at the rate that heroes are being released. You couldn't have bought Kahlli with gold and have enough to buy Nakroth with gold now. Now that's just a broken system.

Obviously a gold cap is there to keep the hardcore players and casual players more in line with each other and surely also for the money. But there should be a good in between, which there isn't right now.
I got a lot of heroes, got all I want except for Violet, bought two with real money(Aleistar and Butterfly, wish I could refund them :') ) and the rest I bought with gold, vouchers or even received for free.
So I am currently saving up all my gold to buy Arcana, I'm not sure how many I can buy per day, but the rate at which I'm earning them(I think it's at least 1 per day) is way to slow.
Then what if a new hero comes out, some super dope mage I want to play, but it's 18888, no way I am ever going to get that and still get Arcanas. I will HAVE to buy it with real money. This is unhealthy for the game, it drives players away, which in the end will turn those wallets away as well.

Every two weeks a new hero, lets say an average of 15k gold. 30 Arcana spots and you'll want at least three different pages, mages, physical and tanks. Lets say that the purple arcanas will be all the same for every page(health) as to make it a little more optimistic, that'd make 70 Arcana you'll need to buy...
70 x 2.000 = 140.000 gold
Lets assume you make 2,5k gold per day
140.000 / 2.500 = 56 days(almost two months) consecutive gold farming to get all the arcana you want. Now lets calculate how many new heroes will come out and how much the gold costs will increase if you want to keep up with the heroes.
56(days) / 7(days in a week) = 8 weeks
8(weeks) / 2(weeks per hero) = 4 heroes
4(heroes) * 15.000(gold) = 60.000 gold
140.000(gold) + 60.000(gold) = 200.000 gold
200.000(gold) / 2.500(gold per day) = 80 days to get all the Arcanas you want plus every hero that is being released from this point on.

That's super discouraging to me and I am assuming quite some other players as well. Nearly 3 months of playing just for gold to get the 4 new heroes and all the arcana I want. Unlocking all the content there is right now will take more then a year and how many new heroes or arcanas will be released by then?

Either you the solution could be to double the rewards + cap so that we can get at least 4k per day or lower the costs of heroes and arcanas. Because I find farming for a month to get a full arcana page pretty long but doable.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

Forcjum| Forcjum 1/4/2017 13:23:59 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
Well i said that before that gold limits arent needed here farming whole month or event more for one champion is sick ,you got double gold card that just gets you closer to the cap.Not mentioning that gems are preety usless now since we couldnt at least get arcanas for them .Game should be as much enjoyable as can be and limits arent making it good ,and that 5 gold per logging in + 5 gold from friends.... Champions should be way much lower gold cap should be removed and just cosmetics as skins should be on game ,cause no one normal gonna buy champions for tickets
Reply 0 0

Use magic

Conflixx| Conflixx 1/4/2017 15:33:36
Show all posts
Edited by Conflixx at 1/4/2017 23:39
Nr.Alpha replied at 1/4/2017 16:57
Dude you are wrong, because if you need to buy a full set of arcana, that gonna needs your around  ...

It really is 940 gold? That just feels wrong... I'll calculate it tomorrow.
Edit: this one makes my calulations above just worse and worse... So take them with a grain of salt for sure.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

www.arenaofvalor.com

TERMS OF SERVICE | PRIVACY STATEMENT

© 2016 PROXIMA BETA PTE LIMITED. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list