Elite 5 of Heroes

HarveySpecter| HarveySpecter 2/13/2018 12:38:53
Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by HarveySpecter at 2/13/2018 12:41 PM

We are currently working on starting a Weekly hero discussion.
We are aiming to bring you the Elite 5 of Heroes soon. The Elite 5 of Heroes will be selected based on in-game statistics of your choices and performances.

The weekly Elite 5 of Heroes will comprise of:

- Hero with the highest damage
- Hero with the most assists
- Hero with the most wins
- Most played hero
- Most banned hero

We can't wait to see how the Elite 5 changes each week and influences your decisions!

Please let us know what you think and watch this space!
Reply 0 0

Use magic

MarriahCarry| MarriahCarry 2/14/2018 11:35:23
Show all posts
Oh, I got this one:

- Hero with the highest damage - Butterfly / Violet / Zill
- Hero with the most assists - Butterfly / Violet / Zill
- Hero with the most wins - Butterfly / Violet / Zill
- Most played hero - Butterfly / Violet / Zill
- Most banned hero - Butterfly / Violet / Zill
Reply 0 0

Use magic

HarveySpecter|  Author| HarveySpecter 2/18/2018 13:47:14
Show all posts
MarriahCarry replied at 2/14/2018 11:35 AM
Oh, I got this one:

- Hero with the highest damage - Butterfly / Violet / Zill

interesting.

But these heroes will not dominate the list, that I am certain.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

rockaholicz| rockaholicz 2/18/2018 22:06:21 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
highest damage would be
AD : violet,murad or butterfly
AP : raz,zill,diao chan or natalya

Most assist(supports)
Chaugnar,ilumia,alice,payna

Most banned
murad,raz,violet,zill,chaugnar

Reply 0 0

Use magic

MarriahCarry| MarriahCarry 2/22/2018 09:31:33
Show all posts
HarveySpecter replied at 2/18/2018 01:47 PM
interesting.

But these heroes will not dominate the list, that I am certain.

OK.  What stat data can you share to demonstrate your certainty?  One caveat is that I only play on the US / mobile, so certain characters are not available.  

Obviously my post was partly in jest, but certainly not entirely.  Although I don't plot stats into excel as I play or have access to data logs, those 3 characters are OP and every one knows that.  Yes, this is anecdotal but I would love to see what the actual data shows to counter it.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

HarveySpecter|  Author| HarveySpecter 2/22/2018 15:55:49
Show all posts
MarriahCarry replied at 2/22/2018 09:31 AM
OK.  What stat data can you share to demonstrate your certainty?  One caveat is that I only play o ...

they are OP on certain elos. Everyone says BF is OP but she does not even get picked in higher elos. Hence we think that each elo should have its own elite 5 as certain heroes may be OP on lower elos for example but aren't on higher elos and vice versa.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

MarriahCarry| MarriahCarry 2/23/2018 06:50:06
Show all posts
I'd like to delve into that rationale a bit, if you'll indulge me for a second.  Probably belongs on the BF / Murad thread but regardless.

I've seen this BF / Elo rationale before, on several threads.  It seems to be the de facto go-to counter argument any time a BF gripe is mentioned.  But let's break this down for a moment.  I'll caveat that I've only played the game on mobile / US for the few months it's been out. I made it up to mid-platinum in the 1st season, and I can tell you that BF was still a chronic snowball-ing problem, even within Plat.

The problem (for me) with the rationale that BF is "not OP at higher ELO's" is that the vast majority of players are not higher ELO players, they will never be higher ELO players.   I'm assuming (feel free to counter) that at higher ELO's, the players are more organized (on teams), there's more communication, so players can better coordinate themselves to identify or avoid BF when she's in the Lvl 4-6 range (when she seems to take over the game).  But my guess is, the average AoV player is not a Diamond or higher player, and it not on a team.  So while BF is a non-factor for a small fraction (what, less than 5%-10%?) of the community, she seems to be a divisive & frustrating character for the vast majority of people playing the game.  I think that's an issue.  If if the comments on this forum are any indication, I don't think I'm alone there.

Let me position the argument in a different way.  Where do most of the AOV profits stem from, the top ~ 10% of competitive players or the ~90% below them?
Reply 0 0

Use magic

HarveySpecter|  Author| HarveySpecter 2/25/2018 02:43:05
Show all posts
Hi Guys! Please join us on discord for our first weekly hero discussion!

This week, it's BUTTERFLY!
Reply 0 0

Use magic

MarriahCarry| MarriahCarry 2/27/2018 11:08:34
Show all posts
HarveySpecter replied at 2/25/2018 02:43 AM
Hi Guys! Please join us on discord for our first weekly hero discussion!

This week, it's BUTTERFLY! ...

Hm... There seems to be a pretty good discussion point posted above your note, by your's truly.  Could we perhaps start the convo, there?
Reply 0 0

Use magic

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

www.arenaofvalor.com

TERMS OF SERVICE | PRIVACY STATEMENT

© 2016 PROXIMA BETA PTE LIMITED. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list