Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Gold limit - Give us your opinion!

JonasTD| JonasTD 12/30/2016 02:05:56 From the mobile phone
Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by JonasTD at 12/30/2016 10:33

Hello everyone, in this topic we will discuss if we need to remove the gold limit or not.
Your opinion counts so please share it with us and give us a valid reason why you prefer a gold limit or not.

Please keep the comments thread related, thanks in advance!
Reply 0 0

Use magic

HaneBair| HaneBair 2/16/2017 06:20:59
Show all posts
Edited by HaneBair at 2/16/2017 14:28
BeltarWard replied at 2/16/2017 08:31
But again, why it is issue with arcanas? I see it as positive aspect.

Look, on these two types of p ...

People that spend little time on playing the game don't encoutner the problem of having gold issue's because they will receive the maximum amount of gold pretty much every time they come online to play. People that put in more effort in playing the game are NOT being rewarded for their extra effort they put into it. In other words, the current system promotes sporadic play and ignores the "hardcore" players and players who like to play more often or players that can only play a few times a week but have a lot of time during those days. Thus your points are completely invalid. I've said this before on this forum and I'll say it again, the system as it is now is a Communistic system where the people with the most effort get just as much reward as people who play hardly at all. Quite frankly I don't care about such systems because they fail to cater to the people who put in the extra work. We need a meritocratic reward system in gold rewards and in rank rewards (since matchmaking is completely broken and promotes noobs to play more games and catch up to the high value players a lot easier). I was a money spender and I quit because I have to wait in queue for 3 to 5 hours ( look at other threads) for a match and then I get queued with complete morons of whom I have no idea of how they got into Conqueror rank.
Also about arcana's being sold for gold, I have made that point before, and that is that there should be the option to buy them with $$$, which we can't right now. Many players will gladly put in the do for a few extra arcana pages and the arcana's to fill those pages.
Not to mention that getting 2k a day is bullshit. I'm level 30 and I don't get the extra gold rewards leveling up. Not to mention that calculating the level up rewards into the daily income is stupid, since it is limited and ends at some point and doesn't represent an acurate gold income. Try that again. Actually, give you're entire post another try since it's filled with your own biases passed off as actual arguments.
Reply 7 0

Use magic

BeltarWard| BeltarWard 2/16/2017 00:31:05
Show all posts
But again, why it is issue with arcanas? I see it as positive aspect.

Look, on these two types of players
- people who are working, have limited time for playing, but like this game and are quite good, because they played MOBAs long time. These peoples are able to farm about gold limit each day, but nothing more. But they are able to spend money for credits, so they are most valuable for game, because they are paying it.
- people who have lot of free time, like students. They are able to farm 2000 gold per day w/o gold limit. But they are rarely pay in games like these, because they haven't enough money.

If you remove gold limit and Arcanas will be available only for golds, you will promote second group, but these people haven't the same value for gaming company as first group. Frankly, people who aren't paying are there only for lesser waiting time in ques for payers.

So there is no logical reason for gaming company to remove gold limit and go with - if you play enough time, you can have the same things like paying players.
Reply 1 2

Use magic

Becruel| Becruel 1/3/2017 05:38:26
Show all posts
I like to play the game and i like to play the game for long sittings and with the gold cap it is just frustrating because it doesn't encourage me too get rewarded for finishing games, except for exp. and i don't know if double gold cards only get you to the gold cap faster, because that would be a waste of the card. I would recommend the cap to be removed else it wouldnt be rewarding too keep playing more then a few games every day
Reply 1 0

Use magic

Perpatoura| Perpatoura 9/7/2017 22:58:58 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
Well, I don't really know why you ask this question, it's obvious that there is some reason behind this, I could imagine that you put the limit to discourage hardcore players to get a full arcana build too fast and making a too big gap between then and casual players because the game is pretty new and also to discourage them to get everything too fast so that they dont get bored. Other sign for this, is the high arcana price. So the question should rather be "when we should remove the gold cap?". My answer: now, it is really discouraging because of the price of the arcanas and champions, it simply doesn't feel good.
Reply 1 0

Use magic

Perpatoura| Perpatoura 9/7/2017 22:54:08 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
Well, I don't really know why you ask this question, it's obvious that there is some reason behind this, I could imagine that you put the limit to discourage hardcore players to get a full arcana build too fast and making a too big gap between then and casual players because the game is pretty new and also to discourage them to get everything too fast so that they dont get bored. Other sign for this, is the high arcana price. So the question should rather be "when we should remove the gold cap?". My answer: now, it is really discouraging because of the price of the arcanas and champions, it simply doesn't feel good.
Reply 1 0

Use magic

shiaokeai| shiaokeai 9/2/2017 14:09:48
Show all posts
should not be removed but it can highly rise after lvl 30, maybe 1000 or 1500
Reply 0 1

Use magic

CrymeHunter| CrymeHunter 8/30/2017 13:52:34 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
Hello, in my opinion there is no reason to force hardcore players like myself to Stop playing this awesome Game. Its a real pity pls remove the gold Limit. Best regards, Cryme
Reply 1 0

Use magic

CrymeHunter| CrymeHunter 8/30/2017 13:46:40 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
Hi, 1st i want to mention that i really enjoy AOV. The gold Limit is a very harmful Feature to this Game. I have to admit that i Play all Game very much if it can keep me busy. AOV has this Potential. The gold Limit is the only reason im not playing IT very much. I think its a pity that Hardcore Players Like me are "forced" to Stop playing after 6 wins alias 2 hours because there is no reward for it. Pls remove the gold and exp Limit, i can See no need for it. Ty for your attention.
Reply 1 0

Use magic

ElComandante| ElComandante 8/20/2017 13:44:25 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
Having a gold cap really sucks... I mean there's nothing really else I can say that it just really sucks
Reply 1 0

Use magic

Vex| Vex 2/23/2017 03:03:58 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
Well its nice that we all agree and they do nothing about it,not even bother giving us an answer.But np enjoy this new roulette with op zanis skin.
Reply 1 0

Use magic

Sir_Wobblez| Sir_Wobblez 12/30/2016 15:54:56
Show all posts
Edited by Sir_Wobblez at 12/31/2016 00:05

Hello Sir, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Sir Wobblez and I am a new player and have only been playing for a few days now. I have made this account to give my opinion on the 500 gold cap and I am glad that it is topic that already has been made. As a new player I do not feel such an incentive to keep playing the game because of the gold cap. The gold we get is already not very much once you have the cheaper champions and to limit it to 500 which is about 6 wins (which is the same as the wins per day reward) I just log off and do not play the game anymore and I feel like I am not the only one based on the dead chat on my server. To be honest I am not sure why mobile Mobas have a gold caps when computer mobas do not have caps whoever if the cap is to still be active I ask that it be extended by at least three times the amount that it is now. Thank you for listening.
EDIT: I would also like to add that (idk if we can say other mobas names' on here) the most played mobile moba in the U.S does not have a gold cap.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

Forcjum| Forcjum 12/31/2016 01:35:13 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
Well i played almost every moba game on pc and on mobile devices (none of these games had ANY limits),and i kinda don't get it why limiting us from something that keep us playing.Im really annoyed that we got this cap heroes are expensive we literally have to farm on 18,888k almost a month! While on all mobas champions cost like 975/1350/3250/4800/5500/6500 and these numbers would be easier to farm. Im not even gonna mention here double gold card and double exp (can't really feel any exp).And while heroes and arcanas are quite high price  as well i'd say do now while im on 11k gold and wonder arcana or need hero? But wait we got gold cap and idk if i wanna farm another half of the month for another 11k points . Seriously limits here not gonna bringing anything good ,we already suffer chat limit to 20 letters now we suffer gold limits...Oh and why arcana packs wear removed? We literally have no other of these gems/diamonds. In the end do as you wish just i don't wanna be surrounded later on (if the game will get more popular)matched only with people that can't communicate with eachother just because Everyone left to Play something else because they couldnt stand the limits .
Reply 0 0

Use magic

JonasTD|  Author| JonasTD 12/31/2016 02:28:16 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
Forcjum replied at 12/31/2016 09:35
Well i played almost every moba game on pc and on mobile devices (none of these games had ANY limits ...

Thanks for your opinion
Reply 0 0

Use magic

JonasTD|  Author| JonasTD 12/31/2016 02:29:18 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
Sir_Wobblez replied at 12/30/2016 23:54
Hello Sir, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Sir Wobblez and I am a new player and have only  ...

Thanks for your opinion
Reply 0 0

Use magic

TriZor| TriZor 1/4/2017 01:17:08
Show all posts
To me the gold limit isn't even that much of a problem. I'm more concerned about the other limits which are rather annoying ingame such as 15 characters limit in chat + 40 secs. for every message or only 5 players in team being allowed to be kicked a day. I go on playing matches even if I don't get rewards, just for the sake of excercise.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

JonasTD|  Author| JonasTD 1/4/2017 02:09:32 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
TriZor replied at 1/4/2017 09:17
To me the gold limit isn't even that much of a problem. I'm more concerned about the other limits wh ...

Any other limits you are concerned about?
Reply 0 0

Use magic

TriZor| TriZor 1/4/2017 04:11:21
Show all posts
Edited by TriZor at 1/4/2017 12:12
JonasTD replied at 1/4/2017 10:09
Any other limits you are concerned about?

Ah yeah there is that one imo complete unnecessary team message 200 character limit. I think it's 200 not sure atm.
200 is by far not enough to write an detailed post to everyone imo. I like to communicate with my team here and there but that restriction doesn't really help me. 200 characters are like 3 - 4 sentences? At least in my language.
Besides, why even a character limit for that one? To avoid spam?

Reply 0 0

Use magic

Conflixx| Conflixx 1/4/2017 05:32:13
Show all posts
TriZor is right about the in lobby messages limited to 15 characters. I don't know why it's added, it must have a reason. But if you're able to get rid of it, do it asap, everybody wants this.
Then there's the character limit in-game, this one makes sense though. But it's not obvious for players when the maximum is hit.. You can type a 100 character message and only 10 characters will come through(in figure of speech). So just stop people from being able to write after the maximum is hit. Communication is key in MOBA's also abusable so keep the maximum in-game but make it so that I know when I've reached the cap.
The discussion about team caps/QoL changes etc are in another thread, maybe better to keep it there. Team can still use a lot of changes and character caps are definitely one of them.
http://forum.rov.proximabeta.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=350&extra=page%3D1

My two cents about the experience and gold cap;
I think they are counter intuitive, maybe experience cap not so much as the gold cap.
The gold cap right now really feels demotivating, you're never going to get enough gold to get everything you want. You can get 2(and some left overs) tier 3 arcana's per day and you need 30 of them eventually. That's 15 days for just one Arcana page. Then there's the heroes you want to get, they're so brutally expensive because of the gold cap, in my honest opinion, it's just crazy.
The gold you get per game isn't even that high, it's the daily rewards for logging cumulative days in a row, playing games and the rewards for leveling which add up. Just getting rid of the gold cap from games would make things a lot better. I feel, even after removing the cap, everything's out of proportion quite a bit. The most expensive heroes aren't per se the best, most fun to play nor the newest heroes which is confusing for new players. It'd still take about 16 games or so for one arcana rune, though I'm not entirely sure about the gold rewards after games.
The experience cap... well... maybe that works just fine as it is right now. An option would be to remove the cap and lower exp rewards. But you'll reward hardcore players to much that way I can see that. Yeah, I don't think anything has to change about the experience cap right now.

In short, I feel like the gold cap is driving players away, because some people will want to play this game more than 6 times per day. Keep the daily rewards, maybe lower the gold reward a bit per game(only if you're really afraid of hardcore players getting to strong) and remove the cap. That way people who can't play all day are still able to keep up quite a bit while hardcore players can get a little edge over the rest which is fair to me.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

www.arenaofvalor.com

TERMS OF SERVICE | PRIVACY STATEMENT

© 2016 PROXIMA BETA PTE LIMITED. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list