Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Any actual assassins?

Zekroma| Zekroma 5/28/2018 09:37:00
Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Zekroma at 5/28/2018 09:47 AM

I come from league of legends, where every assassin can kinda just one shot the adc. In AOV, this is not the case in my experience. Does anyone know if there is an assassin that can just go around one shorting people? I main Diana in LoL so if there is a champ like that or Katarina please let me know. Thanks! Edit: Preferably a mid laner and if not mid then jg Edit 2: I forgot our say burst mages or assassins work
Reply 0 0

Use magic

From_Hell| From_Hell 5/30/2018 20:50:59
Show all posts
Zekroma replied at 5/28/2018 02:22 PM
Ohk awesome and then one more thing: what are your thought on Murad?

On the note of assassins that can 1 shot..... Wu Kong can often times get very close to 1 shoting traditional mages or ADC. Flash has a sweet combination of skills that often times take out unprepared ADC or traditional mage. Fly can lay waste to unprepared teams and Murad can single handily carry is used effectively. After that Zanis can dish out some real damage late game, Zephys is no slacker against mages or ADC, Kricknack has some sweet early game damage that can take out half of certain ADC’s HP with his S3 and deal substantial damage to tanks with his S1. Zill is ... a joke and Nakroth can out run most characters allowing for his attackspeed to shine after he closes in on a half dead opponent. Liliana can spam her skills and bring a world of pain late game in 1v1 sceneries, Lauriel is neigh unbeatable in her circle when played correctly. Ryoma has sustained damage, maneuverability and hacking lifesteal. Kil’Groth has amazing lifesteal and can dish out damage really quickly with his high attackspeed.

I think Veera can effectively 1 shot non-tanks but you have to find a perfect victim.

I think I accounted for all assassins and/or assassin like characters. AOV generally does not have characters that can 1 shot 100% but there are characters that can drop opponents life totals quickly. Most characters that jungle quickly and obtain their items can dish out proportionally high damage.

Fennik jungle can use S1 and hit 4 times to KO most non-tanks.

Hope this helps.
Reply 1 0

Use magic

Rongaulius| Rongaulius 5/28/2018 13:16:34
Show all posts
Butterfly's skills reset on a kill or assist, though she's not a mage.  Liliana, Lauriel and Tulen are all high-DPS mages.  Flash is also good, though he's a bit more of a DPM character (IMHO, YMMV).  Zill...is pretty much Flash Lite.

While yes, it's nice to get an advantage if you get ahead, this game is set up so that the first team to leap ahead doesn't instantly receive an insurmountable advantage.  Which means, if you get unlucky early on, you can still come back and win if your team manages to hang in there.  Other games, including MLBB, don't allow that sort of thing just because the first team to gain an edge always wins.
Reply 1 0

Use magic

Rongaulius| Rongaulius 5/28/2018 10:16:42
Show all posts
Umm...so in this game, they try to make it so no hero can one-shot any other.  It's kinda nice that way; I used to play MLBB, where the Assassins were OP similarly to what you describe.  That's why I quit that game.

There really aren't any weak Assassins in AoV, with the possible exception of Nakroth.  And I've seen effective Nakroths before, just not as many as other heroes.  If you're looking for a hero that can one-shot enemy targets, it doesn't exist in AoV except in lopsided defeats where one side jumps ahead early.
Reply 1 0

Use magic

Zekroma|  Author| Zekroma 5/28/2018 12:51:56
Show all posts
Rongaulius replied at 5/28/2018 10:16 AM
Umm...so in this game, they try to make it so no hero can one-shot any other.  It's kinda nice that  ...

Oh ok unlucky. I feel like it should be more rewarding if you are able to get ahead but alright. Do you know if there are any strong burst mages right now or anyone with an ultimate that resets when you get a kill or something like that?
Reply 0 0

Use magic

Zekroma|  Author| Zekroma 5/28/2018 14:22:53
Show all posts
Rongaulius replied at 5/28/2018 01:16 PM
Butterfly's skills reset on a kill or assist, though she's not a mage.  Liliana, Lauriel and Tulen a ...

Reply 0 0

Use magic

Rongaulius| Rongaulius 5/29/2018 04:48:02
Show all posts
Zekroma replied at 5/28/2018 02:22 PM

Murad is strong with a very powerful Ult that grants Immunity.  IMHO he's one of the strongest Assassins in the game, though I think a lot of players don't really use him as effectively as they might; using his Ult requires dealing constant damage, and so I think most players get rather lazy and opt for an Assassin with less risk (but also less reward) such as Butterfly or Flash.  Murad's Ult can deal very high Burst damage to an entire team; Flash's Ult also deals area damage, but not as much nor as quickly.  No other Assassin I can think of deals as much Burst damage with their Ult, though no other Assassin has the same requirement to be dealing damage in order to use their Ult.

I say get him, if you're willing to take the time to master his kit.  I tested him out and decided to skip it because his kit is a tad...boring; once you figure out how to keep your damage up and thus your Ult available, he's pretty brainless to use (kinda like Superman once you figure out how to aim his skills).  That, and I tend to avoid using Assassins because everyone and their dog wants to run Assassins and Marksmen, and then they won't leave the Jungle and get mad if you try to kill any monsters, to the extent that I've seen Assassins deliberately sit out a match because another guy killed a few monsters.

I'm slightly jaded against players who refuse to adjust for the benefit of the team, if you can't tell...
Reply 0 0

Use magic

Zekroma|  Author| Zekroma 6/7/2018 15:22:41
Show all posts
From_Hell replied at 5/30/2018 08:50 PM
On the note of assassins that can 1 shot..... Wu Kong can often times get very close to 1 shoting  ...

This most certainly does help, thank you very much!
Reply 0 0

Use magic

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

www.arenaofvalor.com

TERMS OF SERVICE | PRIVACY STATEMENT

© 2016 PROXIMA BETA PTE LIMITED. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list